I’m sure many of you know the ins and outs of social media, but that just as many of you don’t. You see, it’s not as simple as putting yourself on social media sites and hoping people will find you. Yes, some will, but how many leads are you missing out on because you don’t use social media effectively?
A social media site is not like Field of Dreams. You can’t live by the philosophy of “build it and they will come” because you have to interact. It’s about finding people with like interests and strutting your know how online. It’s about answering the questions someone posted and helping them. This opens the door for conversation. This is using social media effectively.
So how do you find others with the same interests? There are several ways.
1. Hashtags… go on twitter and use a hashtag to find people that interest you. If you are looking for stay at home moms, you would put in #stayathomemoms, if you are looking for insurance salespeople you could put in #insurance, mortgage brokers #mortgagebrokers and so on. You have to play with them to find the right ones, but you get the idea.
2. Use Facebook to find new leads. Ask your friends and family members if they know anyone looking to buy or sell, make your business page inviting and unique, and keep adding content. If you don’t have anyone to get you started, try placing one of the ads on here. You can set daily limits, target your demographic market, and get leads by paying for them. Not the best solution of course, but it will get you started. And before you know it, you will have fans.
So the general idea is, when you are on social media sites, be social. Ask questions, respond to questions, and join the conversation. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain! And if all else fails, check out my friend Rebecca Thompson of CLR Virtual Connection! Rebecca is a Social Media Specialist that can get you set up with your own social media marketing campaign.
If you have great social media strategies, share them here! I always welcome comments from my readers!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- 5 Signs You Are Ready To Hire A Real Estate Virtual Assistant - May 26, 2017
- You’ll Never Succeed If You Don’t Do This First- It’s Not What You Think! - February 15, 2017
- 5 Steps to Successfully Begin Using a Transaction Coordinator in Your Real Estate Business - January 26, 2017