I can’t even begin to tell you the number of times I have heard real estate agents say they haven’t spoken with their past clients since they last did business together. That might have been a year or more. When you don’t stay in contact with your past clients you are leaving business on the table. The problem with that is, it’s usually someone else sitting at that table! That’s not what you want. In an effort to get you started re- connecting with those past clients I have put together a few reasons you can give for getting in touch to get the communication started.
- Interest rates are at all time lows, and as one of my most valued clients, I wanted to make sure you were taking advantage of this.
- I wanted to touch base with you since it has been x number of years since you bought your home. Is that home still meeting the needs of your family?
- I am updating my database and wanted to make sure all the contact information I have for you and your husband/wife is still correct.
- When I was updating my database I realized we hadn’t spoken for some time. I wanted to see how you and your family were doing, and who you know that could use my assistance in buying or selling a home?
- I am just giving you a quick call because I have set my goal for this year at x number of clients I am able to help. So I was wondering, who do you know that is looking to buy or sell a home this year?
- Hi Mr. Seller! This is so and so and I wanted to let you know that since I sold you your current home I have changed offices. I wanted to make sure you had the most up to date information in case you should need my services again. And by the way… Who do you know that is looking to buy or sell this year?
These are just a few suggestions of course. I’m sure if you thought about it you could come up with a few yourself. The key is to bite the bullet, as the saying goes, and give your past clients a call!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Grow Your Business by Taking Massive Action: Build Your Plan For 2018 - December 18, 2017
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Growing Your Real Estate Business - November 27, 2017
- 5 Signs You Are Ready To Hire A Real Estate Virtual Assistant - May 26, 2017