I originally had a different topic in mind to write about, but after reading the Smart Passive Income blog I decided to tackle effective scheduling instead. You see, when you don’t use a schedule or schedule your time ineffectively the only one you are hurting is yourself. So here are some tips to schedule yourself for increased productivity.
1. Start by making a list of all the things that you have to do in a day, including personal appointments. If you include your personal appointments you are less likely to have scheduling conflicts that could be disastrous.
2. Take a week to determine how much time you are spending on these tasks if you don’t already know. If it takes you less time great, but make sure you are being honest with yourself or this won’t help you at all.
3. Determine when you are most productive. I know my most productive time is in the morning with some night hours being running a close second. Thankfully I work for myself, so I can work whenever I want.
4. Schedule the portion of your work that you least like during your most productive hours. You are less likely to fluff off your least favorite work in this way. The rest of your schedule should fall into place once you have that portion out of the way.
5. Now comes the really hard part. Stick to the schedule. I’m not saying don’t be flexible. Obviously you wouldn’t pass up a listing appointment just because there is no room in your schedule or it’s requested at a time that you wouldn’t normally do your listing appointments. What I am saying here, is don’t fluff off the schedule for a day at the beach. You’ll never know how effective you can be if you don’t try to stick to your own schedule!
These are, obviously, quite basic, but they will get you started. As you try out your new schedule be sure to allow yourself time to see what is working and what doesn’t. You can always tweak it after you try it out for a few weeks, but don’t change it in just a few hours or days. You have to give it time to work before you know what to tweak!
Have a great and productive day everyone!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- 5 Signs You Are Ready To Hire A Real Estate Virtual Assistant - May 26, 2017
- You’ll Never Succeed If You Don’t Do This First- It’s Not What You Think! - February 15, 2017
- 5 Steps to Successfully Begin Using a Transaction Coordinator in Your Real Estate Business - January 26, 2017