That got your attention didn’t it? That’s what you need to do with your business. You need to make it catch someone’s attention. Being as good as everyone else isn’t good enough if you want to stand out from the crowd. Here are 5 tips that are sure to get you noticed!
1. Be exceptional! How are you going to do that? I can even hear you saying it, but it’s number one on my list! Go above and beyond what someone else is willing to do. This can be anything! It could mean you buy the food for your seller’s moving day. It could mean that you set up the pet sitting for moving day. It could even mean that you take your sellers out to celebrate after your closing! What you decide to do is up to you!
2. Exceed expectations always! Wow! That’s a tough one isn’t it? Not really if you consider what the average agent is like. It means really listening to what the client wants from you. It means acting upon what you know your client expects. It means taking the time out of a busy day to check in with your client. How much time will it really take to call your buyers and ask them if they have any questions about the upcoming closing? Or stopping to take a phone call from your new listing? It’s the little things that help you to exceed the clients expectations!
3. Create lasting relationships with your clients. I do not mean you have to be their new best friend. I am saying that by providing your clients with exceptional service, showing how much you care that their needs are being met, and taking into consideration how much stress they are going to be under with their upcoming move you will create a lasting relationship. This relationship will bring you business for years to come!
4. Be the expert. Clients want and need someone that will take control of selling their home or finding them the perfect home. It makes no difference what price range your listing is or that the buyer can afford. They deserve the assistance of an expert. So build a network of quality lenders, home inspectors, surveyers, and title companies that will show your clients what an expert you are! Share your knowledge with them. If you educate your clients you will help your clients and yourself. An educated client will be much easier to work with!
5. Be consistent in your efforts. Don’t start by providing weekly updates to your clients and then suddenly stop. Don’t market a property every day for 3 weeks and then not. Do not expect that mediocre efforts will go unnoticed. They won’t. Your clients expect you to work hard for the entire business relationship, not just the first few weeks. That is what you will get paid for!
So what are some of your best practices that kick your business in the butt every day? If you have stuck it out and read this far, I know you have some! I would love to hear about what you do that makes you stand out from the crowd!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Hit Your 2019 Goals By Adding Transaction Coordinators To Your Team - January 11, 2019
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018