Some of you may wonder what the life of a real estate virtual assistant looks like and how it can possibly be a productive way to work. This week I wanted to share a little of what my normal day looks like and what my schedule is.
- 7:30am Wake up to the alarm before my kids so I have time to become coherent before the breakfast requests and getting them dressed and moving. This is the time I spend doing my morning devotions and in prayer for the coming day.
- 8:30am Kids are up and running, so I am fixing breakfast, checking emails and responding to them, checking my social media sites, and quelling the morning grumpies… (the kids not me).
- 9:00am My office officially opens and there are phone calls to answer, tasks to complete, and incoming tasks to add to my to do list.
- I then mov on to whittling down my task list all morning.
- 12:00pm Lunch time for the gang. I take a break long enough to fix them something to eat and I eat with them at the dining room table while I once again review emails to update the task list.
- 4:00pm I take a break from work to fix dinner and spend some time with the family, get kids herded to the shower, clean up from dinner, and get the kids set up for the evening.
- 8:00pm I’m back to work at my computer doing my own marketing and working on extra projects for work. While I do this I spend some time with my husband.
- 12:00am to 3:00am I go to bed anywhere between these hours, depending on my own energy level and how “wired” I am.
I know it’s a grueling schedule, but it is one I love. That’s how I keep up with it. I love what I do and love that I am here for my kids each day. They love knowing mom is only a shout away and that I am succeeding at what I do.
I don’t claim every day is perfect. There are of course rough days as there are at every job. I don’t always appreciate the fact that my office mates can’t operate at the same level I do, but I love the perks. I get to kiss every boo-boo, impromptu hugs and kisses, I am adored by those I am surrounded with, and have the pleasure of being there every step of the way in my kids life without sacrificing a career I totally love and totally rock at. No, I’m not super mom. I’m just me. And let me tell you… there is nothing better than that!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Hit Your 2019 Goals By Adding Transaction Coordinators To Your Team - January 11, 2019
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018