As most of you are aware, Top Producer is part of Move Inc, and under a cyber attack. This has of course disturbed the business of agents nationwide. So what can you do to prevent these kinds of disruptions in the future? Here is my short list of things you can do to make sure you have all your data available when you need it.
- Back up all contacts- This should be a no brainer. All of your contacts, and all of their information, should be backed up on a routine basis. You can do this by doing a bi-weekly or monthly download into an excel spreadsheet. Keep the spreadsheet in a secure place such as an external hard drive, thumb drive, or even in the cloud. Also, synch your accounts with Google whenever possible so that your contact data is saved in your Gmail contacts. I do this for all of my important data after a phone demolished it all once. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way!
- Keep all your documents not only in your CRM but also keep them in a cloud storage such as Dropbox. Never keep your important documents in only one location. I can’t say enough how important it is to have everything backed up.
- Synch your calendar in your CRM with another calendar such as a Google Calendar. All your appointments will carry over and you won’t miss a step.
So now that I’ve covered those important steps to safeguarding your business against cyber attacks, I’ll address the next concern I’ve seen many posting about since this occurred. What other system can you use in place of Top Producer. (Keep in mind this could have happened to ANY CRM so you still need to follow the above steps!)
- Wise Agent– This CRM is one that has many of the functions you are looking for, but isn’t as bulky. No, it doesn’t have Market Snapshot or the Top Producer website, but I recommend your website be on WordPress anyway.
- Realvolve– I love the beauty and simplicity of this system. I also love the fact that if you’re going to have campaigns to “drip” on people it should be personal and doesn’t give you canned crap to send to your clients.
- Realty Juggler– Super simple to use, easy to import your contacts, and easy to navigate as well.
Those are my top 3 recommendations if you are now gun shy when it comes to Top Producer. I like all of them and I still like Top Producer too, but I will always maintain the best CRM is the one you will use. Just make sure you are backing up your data!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Hit Your 2019 Goals By Adding Transaction Coordinators To Your Team - January 11, 2019
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018