You are continually told that as a real estate agent you need a blog, so you’ve been blogging. You have been told it will establish you as the area expert in buying and selling a home. You are told it’s going to pull you up in search engine rankings, and that remains to be seen. At this point you might even be wondering if all the time and effort you put into your blog are really worth it right?
Well, it is most definitely worth it, but you probably won’t see the results immediately because there is still a piece you are missing. It’s getting that blog that you wrote in front of potential home buyers and sellers.
So how do you do that if they haven’t found your website yet? Here are a few tips on how to get your blog noticed by potential clients!
- Send out tweets daily that lead to your latest blog post. Yes, I said daily, and I mean more than once. You need to post that link out there with an eye-catching tweet over and over again. It’s not that you need to blog more, it’s that you need more blog readers, so getting the blog post out at various times and on multiple occasions will raise the chances of your target market seeing it and reading it.
- Post it to Facebook a few times a week. And if you have an active fan page, pin it to the top so people that come back to your page frequently will see it when they land on your page. This isn’t a case of post it once and it’s done. You need to share your posts over and over again so that you raise awareness of your blog.
- Share your blog post on Active Rain if you have a Rainmaker account. Change up the headline, include a picture, and post an excerpt from the blog post with a “Read more” tag so that you can drive traffic back to your blog post.
- Look for questions from home buyers and sellers that your blog posts can answer on Zillow. Once you find one that your blog answers in detail give a brief answer and refer them to your blog post for a full answer.
- Log onto Trulia and, again, change the headline a bit, add the picture, post an excerpt, and put in the “Read More” tag with a link to your original blog post. Yes, you can have a blog on Trulia.
At the end of the day, the most important thing you can do for your blog is to find ways to share it and get the word out. Only when people actually read your blog will they begin to see you as the expert in buying or selling a home in your area.
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018
- 5 Tactics To Turn Downtime in Your Business Into Business Growth - February 16, 2018