I hear a lot of agents bemoaning the fact that this is the slow time of year, but right now is the perfect time to build or revamp your real estate systems. Tackling this project now will help to set you up for greater success in the Spring market.
These systems are the backbone of your business and are what helps your operation to run smoothly. That means if you take 1 listing or 5 you have the plan to handle it efficiently. If you are working on 1 closing or 5 you will be able to stay on top of the transaction at all times.
What areas of your real estate business need systems? We recommend starting with listing coordination, transaction coordination, lead management, and client intake. Just starting with those 4 will be sure to increase your productivity and efficiency! A great system will have the following elements:
- It is comprehensive for every task handled
- It has a timeline that works for meeting all necessary deadlines
- It includes updates to your clients
- It is incorporated into your calendar so you are able to utilize the timeline (we use a project manager for this that incorporates with our calendar)
- It is a flexible plan that can be adjusted as needed
Once you have developed the system, the only way to know if it will work for you, and your team if you have one, is to test the system. Put it into action and see what you got right, and what you missed. The secret to a really great system is to tweak it as you go and make adjustments as you need to.
Just last year, we set up real estate systems for 33 real estate businesses across the country. If you would like assistance setting up systems for your business, please feel free to contact us. We specialize in creating the systems that help your business to grow year after year!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Hit Your 2019 Goals By Adding Transaction Coordinators To Your Team - January 11, 2019
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018