Leads are a great thing in real estate, but weeding out the good from the bad is important if you don’t want to waste your time with those that lack motivation. If a buyer has been looking for a home for over 6 months, if they aren’t pre-approved for financing it can be a painful lesson for both you and your potential client. Below I have listed a few questions to weed out the good from the bad.
- How soon are you going to purchase a home? 30, 60, or 90 days?
- This will show you how motivated they truly are.
- What price range are you looking in?
- Will this be a cash purchase? Or are you paying cash?
- Who is your financing with?
- What size home are you looking for?
- What features are you looking for in your new home?
- When is the best time for us to get together to look at some homes?
- How soon do you need to sell your home? 30, 60, or 90 days?
- What made you decide to sell your home?
- Where do you plan to move to next, after this home sells?
- How much do you think your home is worth?
- What are some of the best features of your home?
- What are the problem areas with your home?
- What is the best time for us to get together to discuss what you need to do to get your home sold in (30,60,90) days?
These questions are obvious to most of you, but let me ask you… Have you been having your assistant check your leads before you invest your time in them? I would never suggest you don’t return the call of a buyer just because they don’t yet have the financing they need. In fact, that’s the perfect opportunity to send them to your favorite mortgage broker. If they don’t get the pre-approval you’ll never hear from them again. However, you will have made a good impression by helping the client, who may very well tell someone they know, that is qualified, what a help you were to them. Sometimes it’s the little things that matter the most.
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018
- 5 Tactics To Turn Downtime in Your Business Into Business Growth - February 16, 2018