Delegating to a real estate virtual assistant can seem like something impossible to do when you tend to let the control freak inside you take over, but it’s also something you need to learn to do in order to get your life back! I mean, the busy season for real estate agents is here and if you intend to enjoy any of your summer it’s time to put your furry little freak on a leash, right? (He’s kinda cute, but is also wearing you out!) So here are some of the ways you can reign the little monster in and still feel in complete control of what is going on!
- Project Management – Is there a way for you to see what is going on? I give access, when the client wants it, to your projects in my project management software so that you always know what is being completed and when it is being completed. You’ll see the progress and the deadlines for when each item is to be completed, and you can also add new tasks to the list if you like.
- Communication – If you are not in communication with your real estate virtual assistant it can feel like you have lost control, and nothing will snap the leash on your control freak faster than feeling out of control. It doesn’t matter if you communicate via email on a regular basis. You need at the very least a monthly conversation with your REVA in order to make sure you are both on the same page.
- Plan – Take a look at what you MOST want to have someone else handle for you. This is a good starting place. You can hire most real estate virtual assistants for just a single project so that you can begin building trust. When she completes it in a timely manner, and the work is done to your standard, you will then feel more comfortable with letting go of the next item on your list. And when you get to the point that you are really ready to let go of more than one thing at a time, you can have a strategy session with your real estate virtual assistant that will allow you to create a plan for getting more done with less stress and overwhelm on your part.
I hope these tips help you to put a leash on that control freak inside so that you can get your life back. Working with a real estate virtual assistant doesn’t have to be, and shouldn’t be, overwhelming or frustrating. It should help you to relax more and take more time for the important things.
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018
- 5 Tactics To Turn Downtime in Your Business Into Business Growth - February 16, 2018