Trying to create marketing materials that reach the right target audience can be like someone trying to hit this bullseye without first taking aim. If you don’t aim for your target, chances are you are going to miss. In order to properly aim with your marketing, you have to first know what the purpose of those materials are going to be.
To truly understand the purpose of the marketing piece you are going to create, you have to ask yourself a few simple questions first.
- Why did you choose that particular medium for your marketing? In other words, what would make this piece more ideal than something else?
- Who is it going to? You need to make sure that when you decide the target market you are going to market to that you design with them in mind.
- How do you plan to distribute the material? Is this going to be something you mail, hand out, or is it going to a trade show or open house?
- How much information do you want to include? This will many times determine how you format what you are doing.
- Lastly, what is your ideal response to this piece? Are you using it to inform or are you using it to convert leads into clients?
The bottom line is that no matter what methods of marketing you choose, you need to make sure you have carefully thought out the purpose of the marketing. If you don’t do the research, well… Let’s just say the result could be something like me shooting an arrow at that bullseye. Way off target.
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- 5 Tactics To Turn Downtime in Your Business Into Business Growth - February 16, 2018
- Serita’s Recommended Reading List - February 2, 2018
- 9 Tips for Putting Your Real Estate CRM to Work For You - January 12, 2018