I read an article today by Walter Sanford in Realty Times. In the article Sanford has some great points, even if they do seem a bit harsh. When we are talking real estate, the buyer side is the weak side of the deal. Everyone knows that the listing agent controls the deal. In this article, the author and I are in agreement. I believe that if you are going to work with buyers, they should be your sellers, past clients, or referrals.
Here’s why you should always strive to be on the listing side of the deal.
- You want to control the deal, not the other way around. When you work with buyers, someone else is in control of your business; not you.
- When you build a large inventory you will get sales. That is a given. He who has the most inventory wins the most deals
- There is less cost associated with working with sellers than in working with buyers. Why? Because sellers aren’t dragging you from house to house, day after day, unable to just pick a house. Why do you do that to yourself?
- When you list and sell the seller’s home, you will get double the business when you show your sellers homes they may choose to move to. This is like a two for one sale at the shoe store! How could you go wrong there?
Now you may be thinking at this point, “If I have 20 listings how on earth will I maintain those listings?” The answer is simple: Stop being your own assistant. Focus more on listing and selling and partner with a virtual assistant. A virtual assistant can input the listings, create the marketing campaign materials, update the website with your new listings, create the photo tour and upload it to your website, input all client information into your database, and still save you money at the same time.
What are your thoughts on focusing on listings and partnering with a virtual assistant? If this sounds like the direction you would like to take your business, contact me today!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018
- 5 Tactics To Turn Downtime in Your Business Into Business Growth - February 16, 2018