So we are now one week into the 4th quarter and it’s time to take a look at your real estate strategy to end it strong. There is still time to reach your goals to list and sell more homes, but not without the proper planning. It’s just time to focus and give it a good push to keep business coming your way for the remainder of the year.
Now is the time you will be building not only current business, but also business for the first of the year. After all, if you want to keep your pipeline full, you need to look at that 90-120 day business as the start of your 2014.
Yes, I really did go there. We are just a few months away from 2014, so it’s time to start a strategy for it while you are planning what to do to grow your business and reach your goals in the 4th quarter. Let’s look at some ideas on how you can finish 2013 strong and give 2014 a really good push in the right direction!
- Remember those people you spoke to in June that said they were at least 90 days out? Well, it’s time to reach out to them and see if they are still ready to move forward now. If you didn’t keep in touch with them over the past 90 days they may have already taken action, but reach out to them just in case.
- I’m sure you spoke to someone that was 6 months out in June. NOW is the time to reach out to them. They are halfway to their goal of 6 months and may be ready to start talking seriously. If they still aren’t ready ask them if it’s OK to keep in touch with them. Then schedule it in your calendar to follow up with them. Touch base every 30 days. Send them market information, send them information about what homes are selling for in their neighborhood, and make sure to send them information on how to get their home ready to be sold. The more information you can give them that will illustrate your expertise, the more likely it will be that they use your services to sell their home.
- Past clients from the first half of the year can be a great resource for new business at the end of the year. It can come in the form of wanting a second home as an investment, needing to sell due to a job transfer, family moving to the area, or even friends that love their neighborhood so much they want to buy into the same neighborhood and need to sell their current home as well. Just because someone bought a home from you 6 to 9 months ago doesn’t mean they don’t have any value now. Get in touch and ask them how things are going in their new home and you’ll be surprised at the business you can drum up.
To help you cruise into 2014 strong, any business that is 90 to 120 days out, schedule into your calendar for follow up in 45 to 60 days so that you can keep in touch with them. Keeping in touch now through the holidays will make it easy for you to start 2014 out with plenty of business to deliver you a strong first quarter. What could be better than finishing 2013 strong and starting 2014 with a full schedule of follow up?
By the way, if you don’t already have a calendar to help you block off your time for these calls, here’s a daily schedule to help you block off time to implement your strategy!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Hit Your 2019 Goals By Adding Transaction Coordinators To Your Team - January 11, 2019
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018