Many agents, and even brokers, gather countless business cards and leads but lose them. There is no organization. In many cases it is because they do not have a database or do not place enough value on the need for a database. A database is key to the success of your business for several reasons.
1. A database will provide you with all the information about prospects with the click of your mouse. You can input the dates you spoke last along with the notes on your conversation and list any of the tasks you promised to complete.
2. You can schedule the promised email, phone call, or property update right into the right database. The right database will come with a built in calendar for such scheduling.
3. A good database, such as Top Producer, will provide you with the tools you need to succeed in your business. A great example of this is preparing property flyers. Top Producer will import all the information of your listings into the flyer for you so that all you have to do is add a paragraph or two to describe the property.
4. Do you currently have an assistant working for you? You can schedule in tasks you need done and your assistant can finish them for you. She should have her own access code so there is no conflict of being on at the same time.
5. Have you formed a plan for when you exit the real estate business? A database is money for your retirement. Imagine, if you will, that you have listed and sold homes for 30 years. You have built a strong database that gives you referrals from past clients on a regular basis. When you exit the business you can sell your database of past clients to another agent. This is easily handled with past clients by mailing out a postcard notifying them of your retirement and that their needs will still be met by Mr. Agent that is aware of your real estate practices. What a great resource!
Now that you know what you are looking for, either research the alternatives or have your real estate virtual assistant do this for you. You will never regret having done so. You will build a business that will generate more business for many years to come.
Latest posts by Megan Barber (see all)
- Hit Your 2019 Goals By Adding Transaction Coordinators To Your Team - January 11, 2019
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018