I always think one of the hardest parts about crafting a great blog post is finding the perfect picture. I mean first you have to come up with a list of topics, then you have to write it, and THEN you have to find a great picture to go with it. Now, there are a LOT of great pictures to be found on the paid sites, but navigating free images is another thing. That’s why we have cultivated this short list of our favorites to help you find the perfect photo for your real estate blog posts.
- Unsplash provides a variety of free pictures that are free for commercial and non-commercial use without having to site the source. Of course, everyone loves credit, so feel free to give the photographer credit if you like. These photos are sorted into collections and even have some tags, so they are fairly searchable as well.
- Pexels is one of my newer finds that I adore. So many great images from various sources such as Pixabay and Gratisography, other free photo websites, are added here, so it cuts down on the sites you have to search. Definitely a win!
- Negative Space is a community for photographers that share their photos for others to use at no charge under their creative commons license. Not as searchable, in my opinion, as the previously mentioned websites, but still can be a great place to find the perfect looking photo to accompany your blog post.
- MMT has a great collection going and has some of their photos used on applications such as Canva, a favorite site for designing marketing materials. MMT offers their photos to the online community free of charge. We love some of the city scenes and think you will too!
- Raw Pixel* is a newer one to us and we haven’t had a lot of time to explore this site, but what we’ve seen we have definitely loved. With a variety of types of photos to choose from you can find some really amazing shots here!
Now that I’ve told you about some of our favorite sites, I will admit that I think that agents also have some amazing opportunities in their location to take their own hyperlocal shots that would work even better for your blog. I would always recommend using local photos over stock any day, so get out there and start taking pictures!
If you need help with publishing your real estate blog, we can help! Why not schedule a free consultation to see how we can take blogging and much more off of your to-do list!
*referral link for our free account
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018
- 5 Tactics To Turn Downtime in Your Business Into Business Growth - February 16, 2018