I have read numerous posts on working with a virtual assistant lately. In reading some of these posts I notice that many don’t realize the benefit of having a real estate virtual assistant, or REVA, as opposed to hiring any virtual assistant that crosses your path. Yes, I have my own set of initials after my name just like you. I may not be a GRI or ABI or CRE but my services are just as specialized as yours. I took years learning all I need to be a fantastic assistant to those in the real estate industry.
This truly isn’t a rant. I’ve even been known to answer to “Hey you!” in my long ago days of waitressing. What this is, is an explanation of how choosing the right real estate virtual assistant can be the smartest thing you could ever do for your real estate business. I can say this, because I work with overwhelmed, stressed out, real estate professionals every day.
With that in mind, let me give you a few pointers on choosing the right REVA.
- Choose a virtual assistant that is familiar with your business. One that specializes in real estate and you will save yourself time in explaining what you do. Do others truly understand the MLS and how to input the data or the importance of making an amazing photo tour?
- Choose someone that fits your personality. If you are someone that wants everything just handled instead of a constant round of emails asking for direction you aren’t going to work too well with someone that needs tons of direction.
- Be prepared to fill out a brief questionnaire that will target your pain points. This is how we determine where you need the most help.
- Let your REVA offer you tips on what she is seeing as ways to improve your business. She is skilled my friend.
- If it’s not working out, don’t be afraid to say so. REVAs realize that their work is on a contractual basis and not a regular j.o.b. Sometimes things just don’t work quite the way you want them to.
- All REVAs are not the same. Nope. We are all working for ourselves, doing business in a manner that we find to be effective.
- Do yourself a favor and don’t go to Elance. Remember how you tell your clients that you get what you pay for when you are defending your commission? Same thing goes here. If you want to find a directory of real estate virtual assistants, or virtual assistants for any occasion, go to Virtual Assistant Forums or Virtualassistantville. These two sites are home to many professional virtual assistants that are highly skilled and ready to help!
I hope I have shed a little light on how to find yourself a great REVA. And if you are still on the fence, contact me. I offer a free, no obligation phone consultation to determine your needs.
Any comments or questions? Leave them here! I always respond!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018
- 5 Tactics To Turn Downtime in Your Business Into Business Growth - February 16, 2018