Timing is everything, isn’t it? That’s exactly why you need to time asking for those golden testimonials your clients give you for the best possible time. And the best possible time is when they are the absolute happiest with your services.
Don’t wait for the closing to get your testimonial. Time is already ticking away. Get it when you meet with them to get the contract signed. That is when your client is happiest with your services. You might say, but it’s not really sold until it has closed, and you would be correct, however waiting isn’t an option.
- When you first get the listing under contract your clients are elated that they managed to sell their home.
- They haven’t had the home inspection yet and aren’t upset by the results which mean they will either have repairs that have to be done or money out of the closing to the buyer for the buyer to do the repairs
- There haven’t been any delays due to buyer financing yet.
- They aren’t totally frustrated with everyone around them because of all the work involved in moving, which is the most stressful time in a person’s life.
- They haven’t yet panicked because they don’t yet have some place new to live.
As you can see, there are any number of reasons that the closing may not be the best time to get your testimonial from your sellers. Better to just play it safe and get it when that first glow of ” We got it sold!” is still shining in your sellers’ eyes. Because sooner or later, the above issues will happen, and of course it will all be your fault!
Latest posts by Megan Barber (see all)
- Hit Your 2019 Goals By Adding Transaction Coordinators To Your Team - January 11, 2019
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018