I read an article today that said 90% of expired listings will not re-list with the same agent. I can understand this when most agent communication is haphazard at best. The truth is, it doesn’t have to be that way. You can re-list your own expired listings by simply giving your sellers the customer service they deserve.
I’m talking about open and honest communication with your clients. I’m talking about keeping your clients informed. Are you one of the agents that always seems to drop the ball when it comes to communication? Here are a few tips to get you started
1. Give your clients weekly updates on how many views their property is receiving online and how many inquiries you have had via phone or other agents.
2. Let them know how their home is positioned in the market. Don’t tell them their home is priced right if it is not. It’s not fair to you or the client.
3. Return client phone calls daily, not weekly. If you were calling them you know you would expect the same.
4. Ask for your clients to re-list with you. Many times agents could get the listing a second time if they simply ask for it.
If you can follow these simple tips you will be well on your way to re-listing your own expired listings. Wouldn’t that be so much easier than hunting down another agent’s expireds?
Looking for more tips? Subscribe to my monthly newsletter for tips and hints not found here in my blog!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Hit Your 2019 Goals By Adding Transaction Coordinators To Your Team - January 11, 2019
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018