When I was a real estate agent I never minded working with buyers, but I had a few strict policies I used to determine which ones I would spend time with.
- The buyers were looking to buy in the next 14 to 30 days. I know it’s a buyers market now, but you should still only be working with those that are actually READY TO BUY!
- Get a signed Exclusive Right of Representation signed. If you don’t, I can almost guarantee you that while you are off enjoying the weekend with your family, your buyers will be at an open house signing one with that agent.
- LISTEN to what your buyers are telling you. If you are not familiar with the area the buyer is searching in or not able to give them the attention they need, refer it to someone else. A nice referral fee is better than no sale and totally disgruntled buyers.
Working with buyers can be frustrating, exhausting, and totally discouraging, but it can also be a rewarding way to boost your sales if you approach it in the right manner. And who knows… you might get to list their current home if it’s not already on the market!
Latest posts by Serita Diana (see all)
- Our Top 5 Picks for Free Stock Photos for your Real Estate Blog Posts - August 16, 2018
- Focus on Client Care: Creating a Great Experience For Clients in a Transaction - July 19, 2018
- 5 Tactics To Turn Downtime in Your Business Into Business Growth - February 16, 2018